Thursday, February 8, 2007

quick checkup

I had a quick checkup with the doctor today and he said things seem to be going well. I decided to join the twin study so a nurse will be calling me to tell me how I was randomized. They also did a growth scan of the boys today and things look okay. Placenta, amniotic fluid, all look okay.

Though the doctor wasn't concerned by it at all, I was disappointed that the boys were measuring a little on the small side. Baby A is still heads down and weighs 4lbs 13oz (48th percentile) and Baby B is now transverse and weighs 4 lbs 6oz (27th percentile). The doctor didn't seem concerned so I guess i shouldn't be worried. I just thought they'd forsure be over 5 pounds by now... but i guess this is what they mean when they say that twins will be smaller than a single baby, even if they're born at the same gestational age. come on boys! grow for mama!!

No comments: